Materials obtained from WRLC libraries or from Interlibrary Loan through Founders Library may only be returned to the Founders Library Circulation Desk.
If a library user believes that they have returned a lost book to the library, they may submit a Search Request at the Founders Library Circulation Desk. The library staff will search for the book for six weeks.
If the book is found in those six weeks:
- Lost Item Replacement - FeeWAIVED
- Lost Item Processing - FeeWAIVED
- Overdue - FeeWAIVED
If the book is not found after six weeks of searching, the library user will be responsible for all fines associated with the lost item ($120.00 total).
- Lost Item Replacement Fee - $80.00
- Lost Item Replacement Fee - $30.00
- Lost Item Replacement Fee - $10.00
Procedures for Submitting a Search Request:
You may request a Search Request by one of these methods:
- In-person at Founders Library Circulation Desk
- Email: Founders Library Circulation Desk firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Founders Library Circulation Desk 202-806-7250
A notice will be mailed in six weeks indicating that:
- The book has been found and is being held, or
- The book is missing from the collection and your library account will be charged for the item’s replacement fee, lost processing fee and overdue fine
If you lose a book that you have borrowed from one of the Washington Research Library Consortium Libraries (WRLC), you must contact the lending library directly with any questions or concerns regarding the book or the associated fines.
- If you lose a book that you have borrowed from Interlibrary loan Services, the replacement cost is at the discretion of the lending institution.